Your home’s roofing is designed to last for decades with little maintenance. However, like all things, it eventually needs replacing. When this happens, it’s important to have the services of an experienced roofing contractor. But how can you know when the time has come?
Here are five signs it’s time for a new roof:
- If you notice buckling or curling. Your roof is made up of rectangular shaped objects called shingles. Over time these shingles can begin to bend or curl at the edges. If you see this problem, then it’s time for a new roof.
- If you notice the shingles losing granules. These are the dark-colored bits of material that give the roof a “grainy” texture. Over time these will wear off, making the shingles looks slick and smooth. This is another sign that your roof is past its prime.
- Missing shingles. It’s common to lose a few shingles during powerful storms. But, if you notice this problem recurring, your roof’s lifetime might be coming to an end.
- Trouble in the valley. The areas where your roof forms angles are known as “valleys.” These are frequently the first places to develop trouble. So, if you notice missing or damaged shingles in the valleys, then take it as a warning sign that your roof needs repairs.
- Light in the attic. If you notice the sun’s rays pouring into your attic on a bright day, then you’ve got serious trouble on your hands. Left unrepaired, this problem can lead to water damage throughout your home.
As you can see, the signs of a failing roof are fairly easy to spot. When you notice them, it’s time to enlist the services of a reputable, reliable roofing contractor. That’s where we come into the picture. contact us today to arrange your free, no-obligation quote.