Choosing Quality Commercial Roofing: How to avoid Scammers
Are you looking for a Commercial Roofer? It’s important to know the difference between a reputable roofing company and a fraudulent roofing contractor. Here are a few tips when choosing a quality commercial roofing company and how you can avoid scammers.
The Skinny on the Scammers
These dishonest, door-to-door salesman travel to various areas during storm season in an attempt to scam families by contracting their roof using shoddy equipment and an often unqualified crew.
So what can be done to protect yourself?
How to Spot a Scammer
Simply be familiar with their tactics. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Ask the contractor to show you proof of licensing, workers compensation and liability insurance.
- What season is it? Scammers are out primarily throughout the summer months when storms and hurricane season is prime and can do serious damage.
- Ask for a website, references, business card, and a business address.
- How do they conduct themselves? Are they civil, patient, or pushy? Are they offering a deal? Look for their level of professionalism.
- Visit the Better Business Bureau to view any complaints and their business grade.
- Do your research; are they on Google? Are there any reviews online?
- Ultimately, trust your gut before making any decisions
Stick to the Experts
Vera Roofing & Construction is an insured and bonded, experienced business specializing in roofing, construction, painting, flooring and more.
Don’t fall victim to these storm-chasing scammers. Make sure your business is in good hands and re-do your roof with confidence. Contact us today for peace of mind, quality commercial roofing done right.